Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Thankful Heart


Today I am going to begin a log of just three things I am thankful for on a given day. This will by no means be a comprehensive list! But it will be a reminder to myself to stop and thank God for His blessings, mercy, grace and love. November is a month that, in a special way, reminds us to be thankful. So, on this first day of thanking God, I will begin with:

1. I am thankful for the cooler days that November is bringing to the Gulf Coast. It has been a long and hot summer.

2. I am thankful for my husband. Through some very discouraging days this past year, he has been such an encouragement and support. He not only tells me how much he loves me, but he has shown me in many tangible ways.

3. I am thankful for God "re-newing" a call for a very special work that I am to do.

1 comment:

Adriana Patrick said...

I am thankful for those things as well, Nana. But I have something else that I would like to say I am thankful for. I am thankful for you, Nana. I am thankful for all of the wonderful things that you have taught me and showed me, all of the time we spend together, your kindness toward me, and oh so much more.
I love you, Nana.
-Adriana